Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Five Senses, Minus One

Most people are born with five senses-sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell. If you had to give up one sense for the rest of your life, which would you pick, and why?

I would give up smell, because not all smells are good. For example, a certain dog we know, I won’t mention any names (Nap-o-le-on) doesn’t smell very nice. Neither does my Dad’s shoes. That’s what Dad would call “ripe”. Smell is the least important sense, as you don’t need to smell. Good smells, however, are sort of addicting, so it would sometimes suck to lose your sense of smell. I would hate to be not able to smell my mom’s cooking, especially her pork chops with orange marmalade. But still, I would rather lose smell than, oh, lets see, sight or hearing. Taste would also be one I would love to keep. Touch is another. So it’s a fair bet between smell and smell. Since it’s the same choice for both of them, I’m going to go with smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment